Crafted from old vines, this is a charming and moreish Châteauneuf-du-Pape…
Garnet red, with a nose of exotic wood (cedar), then notes of mild spice and (remarkable fresh) raspberry develop after a few minutes’ aeration. Fleshy and mature on the palate, with agreeably smooth tannins. Seriously elegant, with slight truffle and woody notes to finish.
The grapes are fully destemmed and then fermented in stainless-steel vats before vinification at 25°C, followed by 12 months’ maturation in French oak barrels (60% used, 40% new).
Awards & Medals
- 94 – Clef de St-Thomas – Rouge – 2015
Wine Advocate - Robert Parker
- Médaille de Bronze – Clef de St-Thomas – Rouge – 2016
Concours Général Agricole de Paris 2018
- Médaille de Bronze 89 – Clef de St-Thomas – Rouge – 2016
- Jeb Dunnuck 90-92 – Clef de St-Thomas – Rouge – 2017
- Jeb Dunnuck 92 – Clef de St-Thomas – Rouge – 2016