Pour 6 personnes
Préparation: the day before 1h30
Cuisson: 45 min
- 6 andouillettes
- 1 kg onions
- 4 apples
- Ginger Cinnamon
- Jasso de Calissanne ingredients: Virgin Olive Oil Spray, Aix en Provence AOC, 20 cl Camargue Salt with 5 Berries and Pepper Dry
- White wine: Coteaux d’Aix en Provence AOC
The day before:
- Prick the andouillettes and sweat them over a medium-heat barbecue so they lose their fat.
- When they are barely browned, remove and reserve.
- Peel and chop the apples; ditto the onions, into fine rounds.
- Put 2 tbs olive oil in a sauté pan and add all the apples and onions.
- Stir with a wooden spatula until the onions become translucent.
- Add about 2 glasses of white wine in several goes, until you obtain a purée of well-cooked onions (it should stick to the spatula slightly).
- Off the heat, season with salt, pepper and ginger and a hint of cinnamon. In a buttered oven dish, place a layer of purée (about 1 cm).
- Then add the six andouillettes and cover them with the rest of the purée, smoothing it with the spatula.
- Pour the rest of the bottle of wine on top (it must be level with or slightly above the top of the purée).
- Leave for a night and morning, so the andouillettes soak up the white wine and the smell of the purée.
The next day, 1 hr before serving:
- Bake in the oven at 200°C (gas mark 6) for 45 mins, then leave to keep warm until served.