For 4 people
Préparation: 15 min
- 500 g beef for the sauté 10 dl water + 20 tbs water (for the caramel)
- 10 tsp veal stock
- 2 tbs milk
- 20 cl coconut milk
- 15 sugar lumps
- Ingredients by La Jasso de Calissanne: Camargue Salt with 5 Berries and Pepper
- Brown the beef with a little oil, and add salt and pepper.
- Add 10 dl of water and the veal stock.
- Meanwhile, make the caramel with the 15 sugar lumps and the 20 tbs of water. I
- f the caramel does not go brown, there is too much water. Don’t panic: just wait for the water to evaporate.
- When the caramel goes brown, keep on the heat.
- Add 2 tbs of milk and stir vigorously.
- Four the caramel into the preparation and add the coconut milk.
- The meat must cook for at least 2 hrs.
That the idea behind a daube (stew): the longer it cooks, the better it is!