- 2 duck legs
- Provencal Herb Mix by Araquelle
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 kg potatoes (preferably Bintje)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs cream
- 20 g butter grated cheese
- La Jasso de Calissanne Camargue Salt with 5 Berries and Pepper Nutmeg (optional)
1. Cook the duck legs: Place the duck legs in a pressure cooker, cover with water, add the bouquet garni, the carrot (peeled and cut into rounds) and the onion (peeled but whole). When the valve starts whistling, cook for 25 mins.
2. Prepare the duck legs: Once they are cooked, remove the bouquet garni and onion from the stock. Also remove and reserve the carrot slices. Skin the duck legs, take the meat off the bones, and divide into strands with a fork. Where difficult, cut into small pieces.
3. The purée: Peel and cook the potatoes (for 15 mins after the valve whistles). Mash, add a measure of bouillon (about 20 cl), and mix. Then add the egg and cream. Blend vigorously (be careful: if the purée’s too hot, the egg may cook!) then add salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
4. Arranging in the dish: Spread a first layer of purée (half of it) in an oven dish. Place the carrots and then the meat on top. Add a little bouillon (about 2 tbs) and spread the rest of the purée. Add pepper. Scatter knobs of butter and grated cheese.
Bake at 180°C (fan-assisted heat) for 25 mins.