For 6 people
Préparation: 20 min
Cuisson: 45 min
5 litres of mussels
3 cups of dry white wine, preferably Château Calissanne or Terre de Provence 2012
150 gr whipping cream
5 egg yolks
75 gr butter
8 cl cognac
1 teaspoon of curry powder
1 bouquet garni (parsley, thyme, bay leaf, pepper).
- Wash the mussels, place them in a large pot, add the bouquet garni, the white wine and cover.
- Cook them until the shells open.
- Remove the mussels with a slotted spoon and filter the sauce with a strainer putting to one side for later.
- Remove the mussels from it shell and place it in a pan.
- Peel and chop the shallots and onions, frying them lightly in the butter along with the sauce from the mussels for about 30 minutes or until the sauce has evoporter…add the curry and pepper and remove it from the stove top.
- Preheat the oven to 240°.
- Bat together your egg yolks, cream and cognac and then add it to the sauce stiring in constantly until mixed together.
- For the sauce over the mussels and cook it for 5 minuts.
Once warm, serve immediately.