- 2-3 kg wild boar shoulder
- 300 g salt-cured pork belly
- Olive oil (Château Calissanne, Aix en Provence AOC)
- Marinade: 1 litre red wine (Château Calissanne red) 2 onions, chopped in rounds 200 g carrots, Juniper Savory, Thyme, Bay leaf 1 tbs vinegar, Parsley Coarse salt and pepper corns
1. Cook this marinade for 15 mins and leave to cool.
2. Put the boar pieces (shoulder is very good in stew) in it. Leave for 4-5 days in a cool place.
3. In a braising pot, fry the pork belly and the boar pieces until brown, then remove. Then place some pork rind in the pot with olive oil, and add the boar pieces. Cover with marinade. Once it boils, simmer.
4. A quarter of the way through cooking, add 2 tbs of brandy. Boil for 5 mins and quickly cover. Cook for at least 3-5 hrs! Taste for readiness! Serve piping hot…
5. If the sauce is too thin, thicken with a little flour.