- 200 g pearl (round grain) rice
- 300 g mixed mushrooms (e.g. ceps, girolles, morels)
- 50 cl crème fraîche
- 3 tbs mascarpone
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 or 2 parsley sprigs
- 150 g grated parmesan
- Jasso de Calissanne ingredients: Virgin Olive Oil Spray, Château Calissanne AOC, 20 cl Camargue Salt with 5 Berries and Pepper
- Blanche the mushrooms in half a litre of salted water for 5 mins.
- Drain and reserve the water.
- In a casserole of thick-bottomed saucepan, brown the onion and garlic with a little Calissanne olive oil, then blend in 2 tbs of crème fraîche and the fine-chopped parsley.
- Add the rice, the mushrooms, the rest of the cream and the mascarpone, and cover with the stock.
- Leave to cook on a medium heat (for at least 45 mins) until the rice is tender and the sauce creamy.
- Off the heat, blend in the grated parmesan.
Stir well. Serve piping hot. Accompaniment: a pan-fried salmon steak, barely cooked and seasoned with Camargue Salt with 5 Berries.