- 150 g fish (with firm flesh)
- 10 frozen raw large prawns
- 150 g duck breast
- 150 g noix (“cushion”) of veal
- 150 g rump steak
- 1 large turnip
- 1 large carrot
- 1 onions
- 10 jelly ear mushrooms
- 200 g soya sprouts
- 20 cl tomato coulis
- 2 dabs of chilli relish Sauce for spring rolls
- 10 peanuts
- Some fresh mint leaves
- 1 lettuce
- 200 g rice vermicelli
- Jasso de Calissanne ingredients: Confit Ginger with with Olive Oil Camargue Salt with 5 Berries and Pepper Virgin Olive Oil Spray, Château Calissanne AOC, 20 cl 10 cl La Clef de St Thomas Châteauneuf-du-Pape White
MEAT and FISH:To obtain fine, even slices: freeze the meat and fish for 1 hour. Slice them as if for cooking on a pierrade (hot rock). Leave the prawns to thaw, then shell. Spray Calissanne olive oil on the fish and prawns, and arrange on serving dishes. Keep chilled.
VEGETABLE STOCK:Julienne all the vegetables. Soak the mushrooms for 30 mins in a bowl of water, then rinse well. In a saucepan, boil 1.5 litres of water. Add the chilli purée, ginger with olive oil, julienned vegetables, tomato coulis, mushrooms, 1 tbs of nuoc mam (fish sauce), 1 tbs of soy sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer this stock for a good 30 mins.
SAUCE:In individual ramekins, prepare the sauce: a few spoons of nuoc mam, a hint of chilli purée, and 2-3 crushed peanuts.
GARNISH: Wash the salad and fresh mint leaves, and place on a serving dish. 10 mins before serving, prepare the vermicelli.
TASTING: When you’re ready to eat: pour the vegetable stock into a fondue pot. Using metal strainers, “fish out” the vegetables then cook the meat and prawns on sticks. In each guest’s plate, arrange some salad leaves and mint for a touch of freshness.